orinoco_cs and BAP errors

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Mon Sep 10 11:34:01 EST 2001

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 07:15:39AM +0200, Daniel Hertrich wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Dave Gibson posted here a few days ago that there are new sources for
> orinoco_cs which should avoid the BAP problems (Error x writing packet
> header to BAP).

Yes, I should have been a bit clearer about that.  Those changes were
specifically for "-5" (EIO) BAP errors, not EBUSY or ETIMETOUT errors.

> With the pcmcia-3.1.28 package patched by SuSE (which I mentioned in me
> other posting), which now includes also the orinoco_cs, I don't get
> these errors on my desktop machine when inserting my ZoomAir 4100
> PrismII card.
> The Desktop uses a Databook TCIC PCMCIA chipset.
>
> But on my HP Omnibook 800CT (Inter PCMCIA chipset) I get these errors,
> where the number x is either -110 or -16, alternating.
>
> When I now take the new files from dave's site (I only took the
> orinoco* and hermes* ones), compile the pcmcia package anew and install
> the modules, I still get these errors, but this time more x=-16 and
> only one x=-110, and all of them in one line, approximately 20 times
>
> "omnibook kernel: eth0: Error -16 writing packet header to BAP<3>eth0:
> Error -16 writing pakcet header to BAP<3>Error -16 writing....."

Them all coming in one line was just a typo, now fixed.  The changes I
made wouldn't help for -16 (EBUSY) errors.  However some changes I've
made since should help with this.  Could you give the latest test
version a whirl and tell me how it works?