SV: moving from wavelan2_cs to orinoco_cs

Steven Hanley sjh at wibble.net
Sun Sep 9 18:51:59 EST 2001

On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 10:15:32AM +0200, int10h wrote:
> Paul Wis?n <paul at busnet.se> ?rta:
>
> > quick question ..
> > why are you changing driver ?
>
> I want to use orinoco cards with desktop PCs equiped with
> PCI bri bridges (Don't tell me to buy ISA bridges, cause
> the machines aren't mine, they're the property of my
> university.) and I've read a mail in a linux kernel
> developement list, that the PCI bridges (with TI1410 chip)
> are supported now (or atleast a patch exist for 2.4.5).
>
> The second cause is that I want to make performance test
> (detect collosions (bad CRC frames)), want to extract
> management frames and control the use of the usage of
> RTS/CTS directly on a per frame basis. This is because I'm
> working on an AODV implementation.
>
> Ok it's true that if I want to hack into the orinoco module
> than the minimum is for me to be able to configure the
> connection without documentation, only guided by the
> source, but I thought that I ask you people on the list to
> share your experiences.

well the pci<->pcmcia card that comes with the d-link wireless cards works
fine in linux.

the output of lspci -v for that card is

00:09.0 CardBus bridge: Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c475 (rev 80)
        Subsystem: Ricoh Co Ltd: Unknown device 0475
        Memory at e7803000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=05, sec-latency=176
Memory window 0: 10000000-103ff000 (prefetchable)
Memory window 1: 10400000-107ff000
        I/O window 0: 00001000-000010ff
        I/O window 1: 00001400-000014ff
        16-bit legacy interface ports at 0007

I am using the orinoco driver fine on that machine.

        See You
            Steve

--
sjh at wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh