SV: moving from wavelan2_cs to orinoco_cs

int10h int10h at freemail.hu
Sun Sep 9 18:15:32 EST 2001

Paul Wisén <paul at busnet.se> írta:

> quick question ..
> why are you changing driver ?

I want to use orinoco cards with desktop PCs equiped with
PCI bri bridges (Don't tell me to buy ISA bridges, cause
the machines aren't mine, they're the property of my
university.) and I've read a mail in a linux kernel
developement list, that the PCI bridges (with TI1410 chip)
are supported now (or atleast a patch exist for 2.4.5).

The second cause is that I want to make performance test
(detect collosions (bad CRC frames)), want to extract
management frames and control the use of the usage of
RTS/CTS directly on a per frame basis. This is because I'm
working on an AODV implementation.

Ok it's true that if I want to hack into the orinoco module
than the minimum is for me to be able to configure the
connection without documentation, only guided by the
source, but I thought that I ask you people on the list to
share your experiences.

> ound with orinoco_cs for weeks and the only thing that
> works for me is wavelan2_cs ..
> So, just to be qurious, why are you changing driver ?
>
> regards
> / Paul Sweden

orinoco
> > silver cards on several laptops. I want to move to
orinoco.
> > My problem is that though there are lots of
documentations,