Compaq WL200 driver problems

Alan Wilkie alan at objcomp.com.au
Mon Sep 3 15:55:30 EST 2001

Hi all,

I'm having problems getting a Linux driver going for a Compaq WL200 card
in ad-hoc mode and wondered if anyone out there had managed to do it.

I've tried the wlan-ng driver (with the ad-hoc patch), the prism2 driver
and the orinoco_cs driver.  After varying degrees of coercion, the
results have been the same: I can get an association to a Win98 machine,
but no data transfer.

Having turned on the debugging in the orinoco_cs driver, I get messages
saying "Tx timeout! Resetting card.", so I'm assuming there's something
fundamentally wrong here.  Strangely, the Win98 status monitor says that
it's receiving about 250 bytes/sec, but what is it?

Any hints?

Alan