Location, location

chuq at tassie.net.au chuq at tassie.net.au
Wed Oct 17 12:10:48 EST 2001

Hi all,

In the last couple of days I've seen many "Is there a wireless network at X?"
type posts.  From the sites I've found, most major centres in Australia have
either a network, or a site with some info, but nothing exact.

http://brismesh.org is probably the best site I've found.  It has a list of
nodes or potential nodes, their link status, three maps (network link,
topographic (roads etc) and terrain) of the area covered, and a cool looking
terrain elevation tool that will show the terrain level between two points.
Go see it at http://brismesh.org/db2/

I've seen the site owner has had to purchase the elevation data from AUSLIG,
($80 per tile, they are fairly large) but apart from this, the source to the
mapping tools is free.

I just thought I would point this out - as it looks like an excellent tool that
many of the other wireless network sites seem to be in need of :)

BTW: 3-5 person wireless network may be starting in Glenorchy/West Moonah
(Hobart, TAS) early next year.  Email me if interested :)

-
Charles

This message was sent using Tas Access WebMail.
http://webmail.tassie.net.au/