USB Orinoco Gold adapter driver for Linux?

Chris Rankin rankinc at pacbell.net
Wed Nov 28 19:12:27 EST 2001

Hi,

I am searching for a Linux-compatible USB 802.11b adapter, and so far
the only USB driver I have discovered is for adapters which use the
Intersil Prism II radio components AND the Intersil MAC chip. Finding
hardware which uses both is proving problematic. However, there are
obviously chipsets other than Intersil's, for example the Lucent
chipset.

I discovered that the Orinoco USB adapter is really a PCMCIA card and
a USB controller chip (the EZ-USB FX chip, CY7C64613). Seeing as there
is already a Linux driver for the PCMCIA Orinoco card, are there any
plans to make a USB version?

Thanks,
Chris