Another problem - conection

Gregor Ibic gregor.ibic at intelicom.si
Fri Nov 23 23:46:15 EST 2001

I have a pretty working connection with Roamabout cards and using
2.4.14 and 2.4.9 kernel.

BUT! I happens that I have my installation near some other installation,
probably
AirConnect (Cisco), that makes my connection unusable time to time.
During working hours I have a real drop in performance and I think that the
other
guys are using my wirelles resources, probably on the same channel.

I tried to switch the channel but it is not working properly.

If I use Ad-Hoc mode, the cards go to some standard channel, channel 10 I
presume.
If I try to make them work on IBBS protocol, they do not connect to each
other.

So how can I use Ad-hoc on some specific channel, or is there any other
trick to make
the connection more reliable.

Regards,
Gregor