Wavelan problem - Error -19

Artreyu artreyu at verinux.com
Fri Nov 16 23:27:54 EST 2001

I have 3 remote node and 1 Base Station using avaya pcmcia card and all of
them using slackware 8.0 with kernel 2.4.13 with module orinoco_cs loaded.
The problem I got is when the traffic is very heavy my card get dead and all
the nodes could not transmit any data until I reset the card in Base Station
(using iwpriv xxx card_reset).

here are the error messages in my syslog

Nov 16 18:52:41 vs-vwave-gw kernel: eth3: Error -19 transmitting packet
Nov 16 18:52:41 vs-vwave-gw kernel: hermes @ 0x100: Card removed while
issuing command.
or these error messages:
Nov 16 19:01:44 vs-vwave-gw kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth3: transmit timed
out
Nov 16 19:01:44 vs-vwave-gw kernel: eth3: Tx timeout! Resetting card.
Nov 16 19:01:46 vs-vwave-gw kernel: eth3: Oversized frame received (53160
bytes)

and keep going for thousand of lines. until I send command "iwpriv xxx
card_reset".

and after about 36 hours of operation, my Linux box (base station) just hang
and I have to reboot it.

How do I fix this problems ?

and is there any relation between error and "hidden transmitter" ?
because each nodes could not ping the other node directly, except Base
Station.
they have to go through Base Station. (I set base station as Internet
gateway and router).
If I use Access Point does it will be solve the problem?

Sorry for my bad english. English is my second language.

Regards,

Indra