How to install orinoco with linux kernel 2.4.9 ?

Bin Zhou binzhou at site.uottawa.ca
Thu Dec 20 02:23:07 EST 2001

Hi, Jamin and all others,

Thank you for instruction. It's really vague in the question.

My objective is to install the orinoco wireless card with the orinoco_cs
drive which is in the source files of the kernel 2.4.9.
It's attractive because I may need to do further work on it.

Current conditions:
1. I use the kernel linux-2.4.9.
2. I use Orinoc gold card, PCMCIA in the PCI adapter.

My problem is I cannot find the howto to instruct me to do the following.
1. I cannot find the pci adapter in /proc/pci,
2. There is no PCMCIA module if lsmod.
3. I don't know whether I need to download PCMCIA package or not,
which version PCMCIA should be used with orinoco v006f.
4. How to install orinoco_cs.

Thanks again.

Bin Zhou