More driver problems

Tim tjco104 at cse.unsw.edu.au
Sat Dec 15 02:10:38 EST 2001

I have tried this file (downloaded from teletronics.com site), and could
not get it to compile with 2.2.18 at all. I used the wl24 drivers &
makefile with pcmcia 3.1.30 in order to get it to compile (successfully)
but now I cant modprobe :/

If anyone has any floppy distributions or anything of the like (ie
kernel/driver combos preferably with some os that WORKS) I'd love a
copy. Ive spent far too long (upwards of 4 solid days) trying to get
this to work in any form.

I dont have a pci bridge as Im trying to get it going on a 486 laptop.

Krzysztof Koziarek wrote:

> C0V3R wrote:
>
>> Finally managed to get my drivers to compile... but now I cant
>> modprobe them:
>>
>> Warning: /lib/modules/2.2.18/pcmcia/wl24_cs.o symbol for parameter
>> RTSThreshold not found
>> /lib/modules/2.2.18/pcmcia/wl24_cs.o: init_module: Device or resource
>> busy
>> Hint: insmod errors cn be caused by incorrect module paramters,
>> including invalid IO or IRQ parameters
>> /lib/modules/2.2.18/pcmcia/wl24_cs.o: insmod
>> /lib/modules/2.2.18/pcmcia/wl24_cs.o failed
>> /lib/modules/2.2.18/pcmcia/wl24_cs.o: insmod wl24_cs failed
>>
>> Ideas/pointers?
>>

>> Tim
>>
>> =--------------------------------------------------------------------=
>> | public Code programmer(Assignment spec) throws TantrumException {} |
>> |    If KFC was open-source, I could get my hands on the Colonel.    |
>> |                 We all live in a yellow subroutine.                |
>> =--------------------------------------------------------------------=
>

> Hard try.
>
> Try to set IRQ for ISA in BIOS (if you're owner of pci->pcmcia bridge).
>
> WL24 support for linux is very 'problematic'. I have huge problems with
> WL24 card - kernel oops, hangs etc.
>
> You may want to try:
>
> http://src.teras.net.id/wi-lan/pcmcia-wl24-r2-3.1.14.tgz
>
> You will receive some warnings during compilation - i have fixed them -
> but it's not tested (now  i have a cable connection).
> Anyway - if you want my patches mail me.
>
> Krzynio

Tim