More driver problems

Krzysztof Koziarek krzynio at info.pruszkow.org
Sat Dec 15 01:45:27 EST 2001

C0V3R wrote:

> Finally managed to get my drivers to compile... but now I cant
> modprobe them:
>
> Warning: /lib/modules/2.2.18/pcmcia/wl24_cs.o symbol for parameter
> RTSThreshold not found
> /lib/modules/2.2.18/pcmcia/wl24_cs.o: init_module: Device or resource
> busy
> Hint: insmod errors cn be caused by incorrect module paramters,
> including invalid IO or IRQ parameters
> /lib/modules/2.2.18/pcmcia/wl24_cs.o: insmod
> /lib/modules/2.2.18/pcmcia/wl24_cs.o failed
> /lib/modules/2.2.18/pcmcia/wl24_cs.o: insmod wl24_cs failed
>
> Ideas/pointers?
>

> Tim
>
> =--------------------------------------------------------------------=
> | public Code programmer(Assignment spec) throws TantrumException {} |
> |    If KFC was open-source, I could get my hands on the Colonel.    |
> |                 We all live in a yellow subroutine.                |
> =--------------------------------------------------------------------=

Hard try.

Try to set IRQ for ISA in BIOS (if you're owner of pci->pcmcia bridge).

WL24 support for linux is very 'problematic'. I have huge problems with
WL24 card - kernel oops, hangs etc.

You may want to try:

http://src.teras.net.id/wi-lan/pcmcia-wl24-r2-3.1.14.tgz

You will receive some warnings during compilation - i have fixed them -
but it's not tested (now  i have a cable connection).
Anyway - if you want my patches mail me.

Krzynio