Channel usage

Reynolds, Alfred Alfred.Reynolds at dsto.defence.gov.au
Thu Dec 6 14:04:23 EST 2001

Okay, I am going to take a long walk down a short jetty here, but doesn't
the use of DSSS within the wireless lan cards mean that this isn't a major
issue. The other base stations will raise the noise floor of the receiver
but given the low powers and high rate chipping rates I suspect that the
effects would be minimal.

I would guess that when the IEEE designed the channels for 802.11 they did
the calculations to make sure that a 1 channel separation provided enough
attenuation on the base receiving frequency to remove any interference
problems.