LRP for notebook ?

Chris Hill CRH_Telnet at bigpond.com
Tue Aug 14 11:35:43 EST 2001

Hi,

I'm trying to get LRP to run on an old IBM ThinkPad, which has 3 PCMCIA slots.

One of the slots is taken up with a 248MB "Harddrive", the other 2 are used
for a Lucent 802.11b wireless ethernet card, and the other for a PCMCIA
10BASE-T ethernet card.

(I actually have 2 different 10BASE-T cards to choose from...  an IBM
EtherJet PCMCIA card, which I think needs the cs89x0.o module, and an
"IC-CARD+" el-cheapo card, which needs the pcnet_cs.o module).

I've managed to get different LRP images to either get the wireless side
running, or to at least recognise the ethernet card, but haven't managed to
do both at the same time yet...

Does anyone have, or know of, a working LRP image that can be used to turn
an old laptop / notebook into a simple wireless-to-wired ethernet router?
(No firewalling needed in this particular case).

Any suggestions most welcome!

Thanks,

Chris
Perth, Western Australia