orinoco firmware?

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Fri Aug 3 12:31:30 EST 2001

On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 11:38:56PM +0000, Mike L wrote:
> I have seen numerous sources online suggest the orinoco firmware after
> version 6.04 do not support promiscuous mode.
>
> Can anyone confirm or deny this?

As far as I know, this is not the case.  However firmware versions
6.04 and 6.06 themselves had a serious bug in promiscuous mode - they
received packets promiscuously but silently failed to transmit until
the card was reset.

Unfortunately I only have one host on the wireless network here at the
moment (plus the AP) so I can't test to see if promiscuous mode
works.

--
David Gibson			| Microsoft: Making the easy things hard
david at gibson.dropbear.id.au	| and the hard things buggy