browse with root-rights

E.D. Grootjans edgrootjans at versatel.nl
Mon Feb 23 20:40:52 GMT 2009

Hallo,

If have a problem with browsing the Windows network under samba.
Under my previous version of smaba (3.0.24) browsing worked.

I will browse the Windows network with nautilus with root rights,
because i can plece files where i want them.
For this i use the command :

gksu -u root "nautilus --no-desktop --browser /root"

This starts nautilus with user root.
If i click on Network  --- i get a screen with the Windows Network Icon
If i click on this icon --- i hear some thing and my arrow returns; the
Windows icon stays on the screen.

As a normal user i can browse, but i have than to use the home-dir of
the user to copy the files to. And with root i have to copy them in
place.
Under 3.0.24 i could do this, but now under 3.2.5 it does not work

Please help