SMB server not readable after update

E.D. Grootjans edgrootjans at versatel.nl
Mon Feb 23 20:31:05 GMT 2009

I was Using Samba 3.0.24 on debian 4.0r5
I updated to debian 5.0 a new clean installetion with samba 3.2.5

I have looked in the samba how-to / the samba by example, the wiki and i
could nbot find anything about my problem.
I have a PC network with win98, winME, winXP and WinVista
I have a problem with win98/winMe

>From the SMB server i can see al hosts (including Win98 and WinMe)
I can see the directory's
If i try to open the share; I get : Can' show content of map
This is the same for all maps on Win98 and WinMe

>From the 98 or Me side towards the smb-server
I can see the server
If I try to browse the server i get a screen with:

source:  \\Fred\IPC$
Password:

I don't  know any password because i login with user-credentials.

On the old server it works just fine, my username and password where
used to login.

Who can help me and tell me what to change about my configuration.

Thanks

Erik

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)
# Date: 2008/06/29 20:11:34

[global]
 workgroup = THUIS
 server string = %h server
 netbios name = Elisabethtown
# obey pam restrictions = Yes
 security = user
 passdb backend = tdbsam
# passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
# passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
# syslog = 0
 log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
 max log size = 1000
# dns proxy = No
# panic action = /usr/share/samba/panic-action %d
# invalid users = root

 cups options = raw
 printing = cups

 username map = /etc/samba/smbusers