smbspool

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Dec 21 10:43:47 GMT 2007

I'm trying to use CUPS with kerberos to forward on to smbspool.  CUPS appears
to make the assumption that smbspool will use the environment variable
KRB5CCNAME, but it doesn't appear to, instead looking for the submitting
user's credential in the expected location in /tmp.  This isn't much use in my
case where the user's credential has been saved to /tmp in a different
location, owned by root.

I've currently just inserted code that skips trying to find the user's
credential cache if KRB5CCNAME is already defined.

Is there a better wat I should be doing this?

jh

--
"My mother said to me, "If you become a soldier, you'll be a general; if you
  become a monk, you'll end up as the pope." Instead, I became a painter, and