Cannot write on a mounted network drive

Didier Wintgens dwintgens at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 21 21:11:24 GMT 2006

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with the Samba client 3.0.13-1.1 (Suse 9.3 Pro). When I
connect a network drive on a shared directory from a Windows 2003 server,
the mount point (/mnt/xxx) is always created with the 755 permissions. I
cannot modify the permissions with the smbmount options (fmask =0777 and
dmask=0777)
 The options have no effect...  : (

With the root user, I can read/write and execute any file from the mount
point, but the others users can only read and execute.

I need to allow the ftp user (from proftpd) to write on the network drive. I
tried to create the network drive with the ftp user, that's don't work
because only root can use the smbmount command

Thanks in advance if you have any idea.

Wiwi.