samba & hebrew fonts

Dror Ezion dror at lge.co.il
Fri Jun 16 11:54:54 GMT 2006

Hello ,

I have samba server ver' 3.01012 on Fedora core II, in addition I have win
XP.

I map a shared directory from win XP to my FC2 by FSTAB the line goes like :

//winxp/TEST      /home/myusername/test      smbfs

The mapped folder work fine except filename or directories with Hebrew
fonts, I see the files as Gibrish letters.

The problem is ony for file that created from the windows . If I create
file\directory from linux in the share I can see the hebrew letters on both
sides.

What I did was upgrade my kernel with Hebrew fonts but it didn't work out.

I don't have font problem because all the others applications are
functioning fine with Hebrew , the problem is between fonts that create on
MS windows to in linux  .

What can I do ?

10X

 Dror