Not able to access the mount

Matt Seitz seitz at neopathnetworks.com
Mon Aug 28 18:06:54 GMT 2006

smb-clients-request at lists.samba.org wrote:
> From: "DSouza, Santosh" <sdsouza at ea.com>
>
> Sure I will be able to do that. It would be good if I could get rpms for
> RHEL 3.

First, you don't mention whether you are mounting using "cifs-vfs" or "smbfs".
If you are using "smbfs", you may want to switch to "cifs-vfs".  To do this,
specify "cifs" as the file system type when you run mount ("mount -t cifs")
instead of "smb".

If using "cifs-vfs" does not solve the problem, you may want to upgrade your
"cifs-vfs" kernel module as well as your version of Samba.  The easiest way is
to use Red Hat's "up2date" utility.  Run it, and it will automatically update
you to the current official Red Hat versions of "cifs-vfs" and Samba.

--
Sincerely,
Matthew Seitz