How to remove default ACLs with smbcacls?

Ángel Galindo Muñoz agalindo at ub.edu
Thu Apr 20 16:49:52 GMT 2006

	Hello!

	I'm using smbcacls to manage my Samba shares. With smbcacls I can edit
ACEs, it works fine, even if I try to delete them. What I cannot remove
via smbcacls are the default inherited permisions for "Creator Owner"
and "Creator Group". smbcacls shows them this way:

ACL:\Everyone:ALLOWED/3/
ACL:\Creator Owner:ALLOWED/11/FULL
ACL:\Creator Group:ALLOWED/11/

	and are represented on my XFS and UFS filesystems with the default acls:

user::rwx
group::r-x
mask::rwx
other::---
default:user::rwx
default:group::---
default:other::---

	what I want to do is to delete them. I try with:

smbcacls -A credfile //server/share "/folder" -D
"ACL:\\Everyone:ALLOWED/3/" "ACL:\\Creator Owner:ALLOWED/11/FULL"
"ACL:\\Creator Group:ALLOWED/11/"

	but answers it's a syntax error:

Failed to parse ACL ACL:\Everyone
agalindo at smbmgr:~> echo $?
2

	Maybe the problem is that this is not the way to delete three ACEs,
maybe the problem is that the ACE for "Everyone" cannot be deleted, it
has to be passed form flag "3" to "0" (not-propagable)... but don't know
how to do it and I need it so much.

	Can anybody help me please?

--
Angel Galindo Muñoz