Modified file Stamp changing by 1 sec??

Rafael Pivato rpivato at cpovo.net
Thu Aug 26 12:49:08 GMT 2004

If your source is ok AND your are NOT placing your
files (temporarly) in a filesystem that doesn't have 1
sec resolution, you should verify too the way back.

As Arne said, Samba can fake 2 sec resolution for
VFAT compability. If it is ON and your are copying
the files back from the Samba server, there should be
the problem.

   in smb.conf set (check smb.conf man page)
   for your samba share:

        dos filetime resolution = no

But I guess the default is NO.

Rafael Pivato