Modified file Stamp changing by 1 sec??

Arne Henningsen arnehe at gmx.de
Wed Aug 25 15:35:45 GMT 2004

Hi,
when I was backing up files from Linux to Windows I had the same problem. It
was because (some / all ???) Windows file systems have a file time
resolutions of 2 seconds. Thus, if the file time on Unix was, e.g. 7:17, it
had to be on Windows 7:16 or 7:18, and thus there was quite often a 1 second
difference. However, you copied the files in the opposite direction, aren't
you? Maybe you can figure out, if this is also the reason for your problem.
All the best,
Arne