Can linux Clients also access Samba server shares?

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at virgilio.it
Mon Apr 5 07:00:48 GMT 2004

On Monday 05 April 2004 08:44 Sahibzada Junaid Noor's cat walking on the
keyboard  wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    i have configured samba server successfully. all window clients can
> access the shares on my samba server.
>
> now i want that other linux machines on my network should also be able to
> access them.
>
> what do i have to do for that. Can linux machines access shares on a samba
> server.

Of course it can!
There are several ways to access smb servers by Linux. If you want to access a
filesystem I suggest you to mount the filesystem using smbmount. Otherwise
you can use smbclient to list all available shares of a smb server (either
Linux or windows). Printing is a bit complex, since every distribution is
shipped with its own printing-setup tools, but you have to create a smb
remote printer.

Hope this helps.
Luca

--