Modifying files from shares

Allyn Baskerville allynb at adsne.com
Wed Sep 10 04:42:03 GMT 2003

Hello, I have a RH 9 workstation set up with the default version of Samba that came with the OS. I have no problem reading shares, etc., from Windows servers from my Linux workstation, but I am not able to modify the files directly from the share. For example, if I want to edit a document, I have to copy it to the workstation, modify the file, and then copy it back to the Windows server. This is a real pain, and I'm hoping the Samba client is not supposed to work this way. TIA for your help. Allyn