What format is <host> parameter when doing an smbclient -L call?

Kevin Arnold imlucid at mac.com
Mon Nov 4 21:39:41 GMT 2002

I have a problem where I am trying to get a list of shares from a
windows machine using the smbclient -L call.

The windows box in question is a Japanese install and has a name that
is in japanese.

What encoding/form should I use as the parameter to the -L parameter?

I tried using a % escaped version of the name but that didn't work.  It
did however work when using it with nmblookup.

Any help would be appreciated!

Kevin

-- Kevin Arnold
-- Senior Software Engineer
-- Service Discovery Technologies
-- Directory Services Group
-- Apple Computer

-- And yes, I HAVE seen the show "The Wonder Years"...