Welcome to the "smb-clients" mailing list

Deniz Susar denizsusar at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 20:18:34 GMT 2001

Hi,

I've installed Version 2.2.1a of Samba Server on
Solaris 2.6, sparc. There is no problem connecting
from other unix clients but i can not connect from my
WIN 2K machine. My configuration file is as below:

[global]
   workgroup = TOPGUN
   [homes]
      guest ok = no
      read only = no
   [deniz]
      path = /net/winworld1/export/home/deniz
      writeable = true
      guest ok = yes
   [root]
      path = /
      writeable = true

When I tried to access from WIN2K, get the below
errors, hostname is ajax and i can ping samba
server,ajax.

---------------
C:\>net view \\ajax
System error 5 has occurred.

Access is denied.

C:\>net use h: \\ajax\deniz
System error 1240 has occurred.

The account is not authorized to log in from this
station.

C:\>

---------------

hope someone help me...