[Samba] parse_dfs_path_strict: can't parse hostname from path \10.0.1.107

Kevin Hilton kevhilton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 05:31:50 UTC 2024

Running samba version 4.21.0 on arch linux

Within last several days I’m getting this error when trying to connect via MacOs from Finder with server just specified as smb://10.0.1.107.

I haven’t changed my configuration at all in a long while although its possible the samba version was updated.

From trying to connect from macOS i’m getting the following error on the linux server:

parse_dfs_path_strict: can't parse hostname from path \10.0.1.107

There isn’t much on this error with google except a stack exchange article which I tried the solution but it didn’t make any difference:
https://superuser.com/questions/1793996/samba-can-not-parse-path-when-connect-time-machine
Samba can not parse path when connect Time machine
superuser.com

Any help would be appreciated.