[Samba] Samba secures funding from Sovereign Tech Fund

David C. Rankin drankinatty at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 23:07:15 UTC 2024

On 9/12/24 9:43 AM, Ralph Boehme via samba wrote:
> With a great development team, I am looking forward to significantly improving
> Samba over the next 18 months and can't wait to see the feature in the hands
> of our users!

Congratulations to a truly deserving group of talented developers!

FOSS project funding is always a challenge and there are always more needs
than haves.

That doesn't mean I'll retire my Samba T-shirt just yet, "Opening windows to a
wider world" was quite a catchy slogan...

And many thanks to the sound decision making within the STF, they have made a
good investment in a valued project with an incredible track record. I haven't
seen it all, but have enjoyed watching the project grow from the 1.8 -> 2.0.2
days.

Let the good work continue.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.