[Samba] Error encountered, aborting schema upgrade

Michael Thiemann michael.thiemann at briesebaer.de
Thu Sep 5 08:43:04 UTC 2024

> Is this an existing domain or a new domain ?
It is an existing domain (productive for about 15 years)

> Did you check if the schema needs upgrading ?
As I told before, it's currently at 69
root at TUX:~# ldbsearch -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb -b
'cn=Schema,cn=Configuration,dc=briesebaer,dc=intern' -s base objectVersion
# record 1
dn: CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=briesebaer,DC=intern
objectVersion: 69

# returned 1 records
# 1 entries
# 0 referrals

> If this is a new domain, it is probably at '88' already.
> But even if it does require upgrading, when has something existing been an
> error ?
I don't know. I hope to get the answer here.

Michael