[Samba] Disaster Recovery Activity with Samba-AD-DC

Anantha Raghava raghav at exzatech.net
Mon May 20 04:09:16 UTC 2024

Hi,

We already have 2 separate BIND 9 servers (1 in Data-Center-A & 1 in
Data-Center-B), which act as primary DNS for the entire network. It
forwards the DNS query to samba only when query is for samba-ad-dc owned
domain. Rest of all queries get terminated at these BIND 9 servers. We
have over 12000 users and over 15000 assets as member of samba-ad-dc
owned domain. Members and assets are speared across 2800 odd locations.
All locations are connected to central data centre either through
point-to-point link or MPLS VPN or VSAT links. Will this affect the
performance?

We have 5 samba-ad-dc servers in our domain. The issue comes up only
when we to DR activity (once in 3 months, 4 times an year). During this
activity one of the data centre (3 samba-ad-dc servers) is shutdown. In
this situation, only 2 of 5 samba-ad-dc servers are functional.

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava H A

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail communication and any attachments may be privileged and
confidential to Exza Technology Consulting & Services, Indryve Inc &
their group companies, and are intended only for the use of the
recipients named above If you are not the addressee you may not copy,
forward, disclose or use any part of it. If you have received this
message in error, please delete it and all copies from your system and
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail. Internet communications
cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The
sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions.