[Samba] Setting up Samba as a Domain Member when AD DC is set to enforced LDAP Signing

Andrea Cucciarre acucciarre at cloudian.com
Fri May 17 08:27:12 UTC 2024

Hello,

I have configured a Samba server (Version 4.15.13-Ubuntu) as an Active
Directory domain member, and it joined successfully to the domain and it's
working fine, I have used the following Samba wiki:

Now, my customer decided to enforce the LDAP signing in the Active
Directory DC.
I can't find any specific setting for that in the wiki or in the smb.conf
man page for my scenario where Samb is not a DC.
So does a Samba Domain Member need some special  (different from default)
setting when LDAP signing is enforced in the Active Directory DC?

Thanks
Andrea