[Samba] Online AD Backup fails with "no auth" in 4.20?

Matthias Kühne | Ellerhold Aktiengesellschaft matthias.kuehne at ellerhold.de
Thu Jun 27 12:38:13 UTC 2024

Hey Luis,

on the member server:

# net ads testjoin
Join is OK

# wbinfo --ping-dc
checking the NETLOGON for domain[AD-ELLERHOLD] dc connection to
"rad-2.ad.ellerhold.lan" succeeded

SSH login to this member works, Access via SMB works... all good!

Our AD is healthy as far as I can tell... all services work as far as we
can tell.

The same command on a member server with 4.19 still works. Using another
domain member with 4.20 fails too. The tickets was created fresh today.

The package "samba-ad-dc" is installed on all DCs and was never
installed on the domain members.

Just for completeness: the upgrade to 4.20 was around 2 weeks ago and
this failing backup was pushed time and time again because we had other
(unrelated) bigger problems.

Regards, Matthias.

--
Senior Webentwickler
Datenschutzbeauftragter

Ellerhold Aktiengesellschaft
Friedrich-List-Str. 4
01445 Radebeul

Telefon: +49 (0) 351 83933-61
Web:www.ellerhold.de
Facebook:www.facebook.com/ellerhold.gruppe
Instagram:www.instagram.com/ellerhold.gruppe
LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/ellerhold-gruppe

Amtsgericht Dresden / HRB 23769
Vorstand: Stephan Ellerhold, Maximilian Ellerhold
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Frank Ellerhold

---Diese E-Mail und Ihre Anlagen enthalten vertrauliche Mitteilungen. Sollten Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Adressat sein, so bitten wir Sie um Mitteilung und um sofortiges löschen dieser E-Mail und der Anlagen.

Unsere Hinweise zum Datenschutz finden Sie hier: http://www.ellerhold.de/datenschutz/

This e-mail and its attachments are privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us and immediately delete this e-mail and its attachments.

You can find our privacy policy here: http://www.ellerhold.de/datenschutz/