[Samba] Object Could not be displayed

ARUN KUMAR B isgarunkumar.b at dsmsoft.net
Wed Jun 26 07:53:59 UTC 2024

Hi,

We have an Centos Stream 9 Samba Domain Controller V4.17.2
We have Backup Domain Controller with global catalog previously used Centos
Stream 9 V4.17.2(*This one totally removed from network*)

*Samba has been building from Source Package*

*Initially We have an domain controller from CentOS 7 With Samba 4.8.9
After that we have been upgraded the OS & SAMBA Version*

*Currently have only one domain controller*

Few User account it is show this below error message, Managing User account
from Windows RSAT

Error Message : The Active Directory Domain Service object cannot be found,
It may have been deleted by another user or an Active Directory Domain
Controller may be temporarily unavailable,

If i try to check ldbsearch from sam.ldb it return the DN Value

So i'm trying to delete using ldbdel it shows error message

ldbdel -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb "CN=JOSPINE RINITAA
CS,OU=HR,DC=chndc,DC=com"

*Error : delete of 'CN=JOSPINE RINITAA  CS,OU=HR,DC=chndc,DC=com' failed -
(No such object) objectclass: Cannot delete CN=JOSPINE RINITAA
CS,OU=HR,DC=chndc,DC=com, entry does not exist!*

Trying to Delete Using LDAP Also

ldbdel -H ldap://chndc.com -U "administrator"  "CN=JOSPINE RINITAA
CS,OU=HR,DC=chndc,DC=com"

*Error : delete of 'CN=JOSPINE RINITAA  CS,OU=HR,DC=chndc,DC=com' failed -
(No such object) LDAP error 32 LDAP_NO_SUCH_OBJECT -  <00002030:
objectclass: Cannot delete CN=JOSPINE RINITAA  CS,OU=HR,DC=chndc,DC=com,
entry does not exist!> <>*

If i Try to Create a New User ID(18793) it shows user exist in enterprise

Could you help us to solve this issue,

Regards,

Arun Kumar B