[Samba] GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information (Server not found in Kerberos database)

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jun 24 10:42:56 UTC 2024

On Mon, 24 Jun 2024 11:19:03 +0200
Kees van Vloten via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On 24-06-2024 11:07, Omnis ludis - games via samba wrote:
> > thank you
> >
> > пн, 24 июн. 2024 г. в 12:07, Rowland Penny via samba
> > <samba at lists.samba.org
> >> :

> This is a generic kerberos error, you can find numerous pages with
> suggestions on the net.
>
> I have seen errors like this one a few times (e.g. with gssapi from
> Apache), there are a lot of possible issues. Some I have come across:
>
> -  EncTypes must be set on the machine account in the DC (and there
> must be an overlap with the ones in the client's krb5.conf).
>
> - The machine password must be set on the account in the DC.
>
> - The kvno of the keytab entries on the client must match with the
> DC. Each time the password on the machine account is changed a new
> kvno is set on the keytab, so it must be exported to the client again.
>
> Hopefully this helps :-)

It might be a password problem, but sssd is involved and, from my
perspective, if you are using 'security = ADS', then you must run
winbind and if winbind is running, then there is no point to be also
running sssd, winbind & sssd do virtually the same thing and if sssd
isn't setup correctly, then once a month it can stop winbind in its
tracks.

Rowland