[Samba] use of ‘idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes’ in DCs

Olaf Frączyk olaf at navi.pl
Thu Jun 20 10:25:29 UTC 2024

Hello,

Why is it said that it affects only if you have fileserver on DC?

I use uid, uidNumber, unixHomeDirectory for users and gid for groups.
This attributes are defined in samba DC.

Then I have another samba server that works as fileserver, and I have
this in config:

    idmap config * : backend = tdb
     idmap config * : range = 20000-20999
     idmap config NAVIDOM:backend = ad
     idmap config NAVIDOM:schema_mode = rfc2307
     idmap config NAVIDOM:range = 1000-9999
     idmap config NAVIDOM:unix_nss_info = yes
     idmap config NAVIDOM:unix_primary_group = yes
     winbind use default domain = yes
     winbind nss info = rfc2307

As I understand, to use it this way I need the "idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 =
yes" on DC?

Or is there another way to directly map samba users and groups to linux
users and groups?

Best regards,

Olaf Frączyk

NAVI Sp. z o.o.