[Samba] Adding group policy ability

lists at zxt10d.de lists at zxt10d.de
Wed Jun 19 06:42:34 UTC 2024

Good morning list :)

currently I don't need a group policy, but maybe that will change in the
future - so I'd like to install its ability right now.

As far as I understand https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Group_Policy I
have to execute:
samba-tool gpo admxload -U Administrator
(and samba-tool gpo admxload -H ldap://dcXYZ.samdom.example.com -U
Administrator on additional DCs).

Not clear is:
which Microsoft's ADMX templates for which MS-Server version?
There're only MS-Windows Server 2016 and MS-Windows Server 2008/R2
listed, but no eg. 2016, 2019 or 2022 ...
Plus another question on this: _if_ I have install the ADMX eg. for
2022, does I have to install those ADMX-versions on every MS quarterly
H-update pack again?

Cheers,
Torsten