[Samba] Users appears as SID instead of their own name.

Josep Maria Gorro jmgorro at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 21:25:19 UTC 2024

Hello Rowland.

You're right. I have to upgrade my current version. But I have tried to
do it with same server and with a new one without success.
For first trial I tried to compile new version but it doesn't.
For the second one I've tried to add a DC to the domain to, after this,
move AD primary role to new one, but another time no success.

I tried to contact some spanish company to give me support on this
process but one of two companies listed on samba.org does not exist and
the second one can not help me until 2025!

I'm searching  someone (company or freelancer) that could help me on
this process.

Any help will be welcome.

El 14/06/2024 a las 20:21, Rowland Penny via samba escribió:
> On Fri, 14 Jun 2024 20:07:16 +0200
> Josep M Gorro via samba<samba at lists.samba.org>  wrote:
>
>> Dear group members.
>>
>> I have a Samba 4 (4.6.5) running without problems.
> Er no, you have one really big problem, Samba 4.6.x went EOL (from the
> Samba point of view) nearly six years ago.
>> Now, using a W2022 server enrolled on the AD, when I add someone from
>> AD to a local group (like remote desktop group), the user is added
>> but it appears with their SID instead of name. However the rights are
>> correctly applied.
>> Another W2012R2 enrolled on same AD is running fine. All AD objects
>> included on local group appears correctly
>>
>> Any idea why is this happening? Can be corrected? Could be a further
>> issue?
> You may have a found a bug, who knows, you haven't given us much to
> work with, but if you have found a bug, then you have no chance of
> getting it fixed in your version, in fact, it may well have been
> fixed in a later version.
>
> I suggest you upgrade to a much later version, the versions supported
> by Samba are (at the moment) 4.18.x (security fixes only), 4.19.x
> (maintenance mode), 4.20.x (full support).
>
> Rowland

Josep M. Gorro <mailto:jmgorro at gmail.com>
*Systems engineer*

--
Este correo electrónico ha sido analizado en busca de virus por el software antivirus de Avast.