[Samba] Disaster Recovery Activity with Samba-AD-DC

Marco Gaiarin gaio at lilliput.linux.it
Thu Jun 6 14:54:14 UTC 2024

Mandi! Anantha Raghava via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> We have been having trouble whenever we do an activity called "DR
> Activity" during which we bring down 2 servers in "Data Center - A" and
> try to run our entire infrastructure with 3 samba-ad severs in "Data
> Center B".

I can confirm this,. I've a samba domain with 5 DCs (bind9 dns, not
internal); if one or more DCs goes down, after some amount of time all
domain start to behave badly; i've some scripts that do some LDAP query and
in this situation simply became slooooowww... we are spaking of some seconds
to some hours.

I've a site with a DC that have a particulary bad connectivity; i've setup
in the firewall a rule that simply drop connection to the unreachable DC,
and i enable that when needed.