[Samba] SAMBA with IPv4/IPv6 dual stack

Björn JACKE bjacke at SerNet.DE
Thu Jul 11 14:36:58 UTC 2024

On 2024-07-03 at 09:03 +0200 Pluess, Tobias via samba sent off:
> I would like to setup a SMB file server and DC that uses IPv4 and IPv6 dual
> stack.
> However I see certain problems; for instance, when the IPv6 prefix is
> dynamic, this means the IPv6 of the DC would also dynamically change.
>
> Is there something special I should consider when provisioning a SAMBA AD
> DC with IPv6, or will it "just work" ?

you should internally use a fixed unique local address prefix if you only
otherwise have a dynamically assigned public prefix for your domain.

Björn
--
SerNet GmbH - Bahnhofsallee 1b - 37081 Göttingen
phone: +495513700000  mailto:contact at sernet.com
AG Göttingen: HR-B 2816 - https://www.sernet.com
Manag. Directors Johannes Loxen and Reinhild Jung
data privacy policy https://www.sernet.de/privacy