[Samba] session setup failed: NT_STATUS_NO_IMPERSONATION_TOKEN

Luc Lalonde luc.lalonde at polymtl.ca
Tue Jul 9 15:31:04 UTC 2024

Hello,

This problem has come back for me and I can't seem to get around it.

When I try to access a share, I get this error:

session setup failed: NT_STATUS_NO_IMPERSONATION_TOKEN

Here's what I have in the logs (samba-4.20.1-1.el9.x86_64):

[2024/07/09 11:22:26.747013,  3]
../../auth/kerberos/gssapi_pac.c:120(gssapi_obtain_pac_blob)
   gssapi_obtain_pac_blob: obtaining PAC via GSSAPI
gss_get_name_attribute failed: The operation or option is not available
or unsupported: No such file or directory
[2024/07/09 11:22:26.747103,  1]
../../auth/gensec/gensec_util.c:70(gensec_generate_session_info_pac)
   gensec_generate_session_info_pac: Unable to find PAC in ticket from
username at EXAMPLE.ORG, failing to allow access

This file server is joined to an Active Directory server and I'm able to
use Winbind to authenticate users without any problems.. NFS mounts are
working too.

I've even removed the keytab, and machine credentials in AD and
rejoined... same problem.

Here's the command I used:

realm join --membership-software=samba --computer-ou=OU=Services
--client-software=winbind example.org

Any ideas?

Thank You!

--