[Samba] samba-ad-dc from debian backports fails to start with /usr/sbin/samba missing

Sonic sonicsmith at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 13:05:20 UTC 2024

On Fri, Jul 5, 2024 at 3:55 AM Michael Tokarev via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> Please don't suppress *NEWS* entries.

As someone that was bitten by this change I have to admit I've never
seen these NEWS entries, or never realized I had. My Debian servers
are cli only (no X or Wayland). Is this something that gets
automatically displayed when you do an "apt update" or "apt upgrade"?
Even for backports? If so, I guess I need to pay more attention.

Thanks.