[Samba] SAMBA 4.20 - function level upgrade

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Apr 10 08:54:55 UTC 2024

Thanks for the extra details.  I do intend to dig into this for you, it
is very strange, but to do that I need some more details:
Can I get (again, if I've missed it) a history of this domain (what
version did you start with, what schema upgrades have happened in the
past) so I can try and reproduce?
Also, can you confirm where you got your Samba package, if there are
any other bits of any Samba version on your system, and the details for
the sources of that package.
The reason I ask is that things in the logs just don't line up with
what I see in the git tag.
For example, not only do the resolve_oids.c references look odd, I just
can't see how Samba 4.20.0 can print this line:
dsdb_schema_set_el_from_ldb_msg_dups() WERR_INVALID_PARAMETER
Thanks,
Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett (he/him)       https://samba.org/~abartlet/Samba Team Member (since 2001) https://samba.orgSamba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/sambaCatalyst.Net Ltd
Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group
company
Samba Development and Support: https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions