[Samba] PAM Offline Authentication in Ubuntu 22.04...

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed May 31 09:15:09 UTC 2023

On 31/05/2023 10:05, Kees van Vloten via samba wrote:

> If I remember it correctly the issue I had was related to winbind_nss no
> responding when offline / disconnected, so indeed not related to kerberos.
>
> - Kees.

Indeed, I have now done this three times, on Debian 11 with lightdm, on
Debian 11 with gdm3 and on Ubuntu 22.04 with gdm3. In all three cases,
'winbind offline logon' does what it says on the tin, it allows a user
that has logged on previously to logon to a computer that is offline.

If there are problems on a computer where a user is logged on when the
internet connection goes down, then that is, in my opinion, nothing to
do with winbind offline logon and needs further investigation.

Rowland