[Samba] PAM Offline Authentication in Ubuntu 22.04...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at lilliput.linux.it
Wed May 31 07:54:17 UTC 2023

Mandi! Rowland Penny via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> Is there anyway that Ubuntu can stop destroying the users kerberos
> ticket in /tmp at logout ?
> I am fairly sure it is required for winbind offline logon.

...the strange thing is that i'm not forced to logoff to trigger the
problem: as just stated, it suffices to:

1) logon (connected)
2) shut off the wireless (so, disconnected)
3) open a terminal, took 5 minute to present the bash shell prompt with
   an 'unknown user' prompt.

I'm looking at a way to move kerberos ticket file out from /tmp, but still
does not seem that.

--
  If SMB was an animal it would go wolf and most people would have shot it
  or put it down humanely.				(Rod Boyce)