[Samba] ACL permissions on 2 Servers

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun May 21 14:11:29 UTC 2023

On 21/05/2023 14:56, Elder Rodrigues via samba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 2 Servers with samba 4.17 compiled and sincronzid. The too work as file server as well. The contente of the file server os in mirror with drbd.  When the server01 is shutdown and server02 start tô work It show ALL the users and groups folders correctly but without access for the users in the Windows clients members.
>
> I know that It is recommended to use another member server as file server so that It is isolated of the DC but that's not possible today.

OK, do it tomorrow then :-)

> The file server storage os with 4TB used.

Using a DC as a fileserver isn't recommended for many reasons and you
seem to have found at least one of them.

I think you may be hitting the problem that a user or group will very
probably not get the same Unix ID on both DC's. This is because a DC
issues ID's on first come basis.

You need to ensure that idmap.ldb is synced between the two DC's

It will also probably be a good idea to run a VM with a Unix domain
member in it on both DC's (if you are going to keep turning a DC off).

Rowland