[Samba] Upgrade from 4.6.7 to 4.17.4 fails with database problem (Failure during re-pack, so transaction must be aborted)

Ricardo Esteves mvrk at sapo.pt
Wed May 17 12:50:54 UTC 2023

Hi,

Strange, i don't know how that link went, but the msg i sent was with
the answers to your questions. Let me send them again:

Have you tried with the OS Samba packages ?

  Just in case it is a compile problem ?

      - Yes, i get the same error when i start samba from the OS packages.

Can we confirm what version of Fedora your Samba domain is running on
and what Samba version ?

      - Fedora 37 / Samba 4.6.7 (compiled from sources)

 What version of Fedora you are trying to join to your existing domain ?

      - I'm not trying to join any host. I'm upgrading samba on the
1st domain controller from 4.6.7 to 4.17.4 or to 4.18.2

 What is the exact command you are running in your attempt to join to
the domain ?

       - I'm not trying to join any host.

 What is the error you get when the join fails ?

      - When i start samba on the DC after upgrading it, it doesn't
start and i see on the log.samba this msg: Samba failed to prime
database, error code 22[1]

----- Mensagem de Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> ---------

  Para: samba at lists.samba.org

  Cc: Rowland Penny <rpenny at samba.org>