[Samba] Upgrade from 4.6.7 to 4.17.4 fails with database problem (Failure during re-pack, so transaction must be aborted)

Ricardo Esteves mvrk at sapo.pt
Wed May 17 09:10:35 UTC 2023

Hi,

I have an AD with samba 4.6.7 (compiled from sources) on Fedora 17,
and i tried to upgrade to 4.17.4, but the database upgrade fails.

I executed samba-tool dbcheck --reindex --debuglevel=10 to see if i
could find where the problem was, and seems it fails on a transaction
regarding SID [S-1-5-18]

In attachment the output from samba-tool dbcheck --reindex --debuglevel=10.

Does any one has any idea on how to fix this?