[Samba] [EXTERNAL]Re: Need help setting up Samba DC in Windows environment

Owen DeLong Owen.Delong at ff.com
Tue May 9 15:15:13 UTC 2023

> On May 9, 2023, at 02:03, Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>

>> On 09/05/2023 09:21, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>>> On Tue, 2023-05-09 at 08:24 +0100, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
>>>
>>> Several things here, first is, I know it works on arm64, because I
>>> run
>>>
>>> my DC's on arm64.

Yes, just trying to provide complete information.

>>> Next, you are going to have to use Administrator to join the DC, a
>>>
>>> normal user doesn't work.

The account Owen.Delong is a domain administrator and has been used previously to add several devices to the domain.

>>> Why is 'krbtgt' called 'krbtgt_14279' and then why is it being
>>> renamed

I honestly don’t know. How could I find out?

>>> to 'krbtgt_SJC-BR-01' ? I cannot remember seeing that ever happen
>>> before.

I don’t know what these are. SJC-BR-01 is the hostname of the samba DC I’m trying to add.

>> This looks like joining as an RODC, which wasn't what the command
>> showed. Odd.

The results are the same whether I specify DC or RODC. An RODC would be an acceptable outcome here if that’s easier.

>> Andrew Bartlett
>>

> Which would explain why I do not remember seeing anything like that, I
> have never set up an RODC.
>
> Still think we need more info.

Happy to provide whatever info is useful, but could use some guidance on what to collect/provide and possibly how to gather it.

Thanks,

Owen