[Samba] Updating samba version 4.17.5 to version 4.17.6 from Debian backports - armel architecture

spindles seven spindles7 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 12:40:05 UTC 2023

I have several devices, mostly amd64 and armhf architectures, all of which updated samba to 4.17.6 without any problems.    But one which is armel architecture failed to update; instead I get the following when I try to update:
root at goflex:~# samba -V
Version 4.17.5-Debian
root at goflex:~# apt update
Hit:1 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian bullseye InRelease
Get:2 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports InRelease [49.0 kB]
Get:3 http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/packages/samba bullseye/samba-4.17/ InRelease [2325 B]
Hit:4 https://pkg.ltec.ch/public bullseye InRelease
Get:5 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports/main armel Packages.diff/Index [63.3 kB]
Get:6 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports/main Translation-en.diff/Index [63.3 kB]
Get:7 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports/main armel Packages T-2023-03-12-2003.15-F-2023-02-25-2002.50.pdiff [47.1 kB]
Get:8 http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/packages/samba bullseye/samba-4.17/ Packages [54.3 kB]
Get:9 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports/main Translation-en T-2023-03-13-0216.05-F-2023-02-28-1414.56.pdiff [24.9 kB]
Get:9 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports/main Translation-en T-2023-03-13-0216.05-F-2023-02-28-1414.56.pdiff [24.9 kB]
Fetched 304 kB in 9s (32.6 kB/s)
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
21 packages can be upgraded. Run 'apt list --upgradable' to see them.
root at goflex:~# apt upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
  libldb2 libnss-winbind libpam-winbind libsmbclient libwbclient0 python3-ldb
  python3-samba samba-common samba-dsdb-modules samba-libs samba-vfs-modules
  bind9-dnsutils bind9-host bind9-libs dnsutils ldb-tools linux-libc-dev
6 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 11 not upgraded.
Need to get 4144 kB of archives.
After this operation, 52.2 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

If I try apt dist-upgrade it threatens to remove samba completely.    This box has been updated using bullseye-backports several times, but this time there is obviously something amiss.   But what?

Thanks,

Roy